• The Watch and Remote Control features are now available for administrators and technicians to use (already available for teachers in the Teacher Console). The devices list (organization and site level) and hardware inventory tables now include right-click support, offering fast access to launch a Watch window to any available device. Depending on the platform, you can also take control of the device. A new Watch/Remote Control icon has also been added to the Devices pages. (Full watch and remote control supported on Windows, Mac and Samsung Android. Watch only supported on Chrome OS and iOS)
• Integrations Settings now includes the option to directly link classroom.cloud to a Google account. Once the required permissions are set in both the web portal and in your Google Admin account, classroom.cloud will be able to pull in additional Chrome OS device and student details to enhance areas such as the hardware inventory table (device manufacturer, model, auto update expiration), include logged in student name in online safety triggers and on student thumbnails in the Teacher Console). This new setting is also where you can now choose whether to
pull in student photos from Google (previously found in Miscellaneous Settings).
• Auto update expiration field added to hardware inventory table to support Google integration as mentioned above.
• The downloadable iOS Student MDM configuration file (plist) now incorporates additional account details within the filename to help identify which site the configuration refers to.
• New Connectors option added to Settings (organization and site level). We have selected a range of useful third-party websites to connect schools with. Simply select the ones you feel would be most beneficial to appear on a user’s dashboard when they sign in to their classroom.cloud account. Ideal for teachers and online safety teams.
• Updated Online Safety Resources list.
• Additional information on the inclusion of Clever and CPOMS as systems we integrate with.
• Additional information for countries outside of US on legal basis for processing data.
• Clarification on blocking cookies from integrated systems.
• Clarification on contact and technical data.
• Clarification on the rights of data subjects and use of data.
to read the full DPA.
• As well as guides and brochures, the Teacher dashboard will now include links to any of the Connectors resources enabled in the Settings, as described above.
• Improvements made to the appearance and layout of student tiles in Icons mode.